Sharing the Joy....

Many people ask me if I like being a makeup/hair artist. Normally I answer back with a quick "yes", but truthfully that doesn't really cover the half of it. I don't "like" my job, I LOVE IT! Why?...well if you were in my shoes you would know exactly what I meant.
Even though I'm a makeup/hair artist, I wear a variety of other hats in my life as a mother, daughter, sister, wife, artist, teacher, beauty expert and a business woman. All of these elements add a lot of flavor to the mix, so I just thought to myself "you've logged a lot of hours on this interesting journey of yours, so you might as well share the ride". So I am! That will be the only way for you to understand what I love about my profession and why I love living in the moment....

8/19/2009

Testimonial from Client

Panic.

At the time I meet Carrie I was a total wreck. Although I had been given a sufficient amount of time to plan out my extensive photography final, I just..... hadn't. Time waits for no man, and I only had one week to pull off something amazing for my last semester at Utah State University. I was desperate in my attempts of finding a makeup artist and pleaded with ladies working at department store counters to do some freelance work for a student in need. No luck. As I was walking through campus one day, I saw a sign with Carries name and number and gave it a chance with low expectations. My first time talking to Carrie felt like talking to an old friend, not only was Carrie willing to make herself available (although plenty busy herself ) I was also able to bounce ideas off of her and she was full of great suggestions. My models had a blast and squealed when I told them they were getting makeovers from a professional. The airbrushing went on smoothly and Carrie paid attention to small details such as an eyelash here or there. One of my models couldn't wait for the photo shoot to be over so she could show her boyfriend her new look. That said, my low expectations received high satisfaction.

What is great about Carrie is that she can see anyone as beautiful and that's exactly the type of makeup artist that is wonderful to work with. I appreciate the professional atmosphere Carrie creates and I can't wait to work with her in the future.

~Heidi Bruner~

No comments:

Post a Comment