Sharing the Joy....

Many people ask me if I like being a makeup/hair artist. Normally I answer back with a quick "yes", but truthfully that doesn't really cover the half of it. I don't "like" my job, I LOVE IT! Why?...well if you were in my shoes you would know exactly what I meant.
Even though I'm a makeup/hair artist, I wear a variety of other hats in my life as a mother, daughter, sister, wife, artist, teacher, beauty expert and a business woman. All of these elements add a lot of flavor to the mix, so I just thought to myself "you've logged a lot of hours on this interesting journey of yours, so you might as well share the ride". So I am! That will be the only way for you to understand what I love about my profession and why I love living in the moment....

3/07/2010

What Makes Airbrush Makeup Better Than Regular Makeup?

Airbrush makeup is a great alternative to regular makeup. It's advantages include thin and even application which results in a natural but flawless appearance. Airbrush cosmetics have also long-lasting coverage. The fine misting process allows subtlety in contouring and highlighting generally not possible with conventional makeup application.
There are special foundations especially designed for airbrush application. Foundations, blush and eye shadow can all be used when applying make up using the airbrush method. Traditionally, the makeup sponge and brush sufficed for applications of makeup. With the advent of high definition media, not only red carpet stars and models but also brides are shunning the cakiness and streaking associated with regular makeup. Airbrush makeup does not show creases. Furthermore, it lasts much longer than normal makeup- up to 12 hours or longer in most cases and is non-transferable, meaning that slight rubbing or brushing against something or someone will not cause the makeup to come off of the face.
The different formulations of airbrush makeup makes the makeup water resistant to sweat and tears and does not need to be touched up. This is the reason why airbrush makeup is becoming the preferred choice for for bridal pictures and weddings.

No comments:

Post a Comment