Sharing the Joy....

Many people ask me if I like being a makeup/hair artist. Normally I answer back with a quick "yes", but truthfully that doesn't really cover the half of it. I don't "like" my job, I LOVE IT! Why?...well if you were in my shoes you would know exactly what I meant.
Even though I'm a makeup/hair artist, I wear a variety of other hats in my life as a mother, daughter, sister, wife, artist, teacher, beauty expert and a business woman. All of these elements add a lot of flavor to the mix, so I just thought to myself "you've logged a lot of hours on this interesting journey of yours, so you might as well share the ride". So I am! That will be the only way for you to understand what I love about my profession and why I love living in the moment....

11/15/2009

Client Testimonial

Coming from a retail makeup background, I was hesitant to give the airbrush makeup a try, first for not knowing much about airbrush makeup and second I was comfortable with what I am familiar with. I decided to give it a try for a professional photo shoot I was aked to do for one of my best friend's website sherryssite.com, she asked me to be a model for her merchandise. With Carrie's training and reputation in the beauty industry, I trusted her judgement and her advise on trying the airbrush make-up for the photo shoot. To my suprise, it is not like theater make-up that is thick and uncomfortable, the airbrush makeup was flawless lightweight invisible coverage! We began hair and makeup at 6am, I was scheduled for a 10:00 am photo shoot. After I completed the photo shoot, I headed to the airport for an 8 hour trip home to North Carolina. I arrived home around 12:30 am at night and went straight to bed without washing my face. I woke up in a mad panic to get to work on time, looked at my make-up and was so impressed that I could go to work without having to do anything to touch it up! I was totally amazed that I had the make up on over 24 hours and it still looked fresh and flawless and felt light! Carrie is such an amazing Make-up Artist and Hair Designer! I can't wait for her to come to North Carolina for my Son's wedding next May, 2010, to do my hair and make up again for one of the most important events of my Son's life! Thank you Carrie for your professionalism and expertise in making me look and feel beautiful! I absolutely love how my pictures turned out.

Marcelene White-Cook
Burlington, North Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment