Sharing the Joy....

Many people ask me if I like being a makeup/hair artist. Normally I answer back with a quick "yes", but truthfully that doesn't really cover the half of it. I don't "like" my job, I LOVE IT! Why?...well if you were in my shoes you would know exactly what I meant.
Even though I'm a makeup/hair artist, I wear a variety of other hats in my life as a mother, daughter, sister, wife, artist, teacher, beauty expert and a business woman. All of these elements add a lot of flavor to the mix, so I just thought to myself "you've logged a lot of hours on this interesting journey of yours, so you might as well share the ride". So I am! That will be the only way for you to understand what I love about my profession and why I love living in the moment....

11/29/2009

WORRIED YOU WON'T LOOK LIKE YOURSELF ON YOUR WEDDING DAY?

This might have happened to someone you know… you go to your friend or coworkers wedding to be surprised by her face covered in a mask full of makeup.
You can hardly recognize her and your thinking…
“Oh my… she has waaaay too much makeup on and it doesn’t even look like her, or she is as pail as a ghost.”
To avoid this from happening to you on such an important day, follow these steps prior to the event:
*8 months prior - start collecting, printing hair and makeup styles of looks you like from magazines to websites. It doesn’t matter what ethnicity the models are in your picture. What matters is that you pick either the complete style or different parts of the hair and makeup styles you like or want. For example, if you like the bangs of one picture and like the curls of another, that’s what you want to find. And same goes for makeup: If you like the eyes of a picture and skin of another. This helps visually the exact look you want.
*7 months prior - At this point you need to decide if you want to go to a salon to get your hair and makeup done or have a personal bridal beauty hair and makeup artist come to you. Salons are not experienced in catering to a brides and their needs so I recommend an experienced bridal beauty consultant coming to your event. It is less stressful and you would save a lot of time , you should discuss your needs and options with your personal bridal beauty hair and makeup artist to determine what is best for you.
*6 months prior - Meet with 3 to 6 of your top bridal beauty stylists your are considering for a consultation to discuss your needs and options. If you are deciding to go with your regular hair stylist, BE AWARE. Few stylist really know how to put up hair, even in a simple up-do, and that because they mainly specialize in hair coloring or cutting. Also you many be one of 15 people the stylist is going to service that day with so many DISTRACTIONS. Another option you may be considering is going to your local department store makeup counter. Their main purpose is to Sell You Cosmetics NOT what looks best on you. The best option would be having a personal hair and makeup artist that specializes in bridal beauty. Be sure they are professionals, experienced, and most importantly you are comfortable with.
*5 months prior - Schedule your Trial Hair and Makeup Session with the stylist of your choice. However make sure you still keep your 2nd and 3rd choices on hand just in case it doesn’t work out with your first choice. The Trial Hair and Makeup Session should be the full hair and makeup process that will be performed on the day of. This way you get to see exactly what you will look like. Since this is several months before the actual wedding, It is critical for the stylist to take photographs, notes and log everything so nothing is forgotten and there are no surprises on the your wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment