Sharing the Joy....

Many people ask me if I like being a makeup/hair artist. Normally I answer back with a quick "yes", but truthfully that doesn't really cover the half of it. I don't "like" my job, I LOVE IT! Why?...well if you were in my shoes you would know exactly what I meant.
Even though I'm a makeup/hair artist, I wear a variety of other hats in my life as a mother, daughter, sister, wife, artist, teacher, beauty expert and a business woman. All of these elements add a lot of flavor to the mix, so I just thought to myself "you've logged a lot of hours on this interesting journey of yours, so you might as well share the ride". So I am! That will be the only way for you to understand what I love about my profession and why I love living in the moment....

11/17/2009

Being the Model and the Artist for a Photo Shoot....


So what better way to experience what I love to do then to book a photo session to get a few head shots created for business purposes, and of course I would look to the very talented and creative Kellee Smith of Moments by Kellee Photography. For the first time in my career outside of my education and training days have I placed myself as the talent to receive the talent....
For those artists out there who are familiar with mixing, matching and creating a beautiful work of art on yourself, I can honestly say "IT WAS NOT SO EASY'! I am my biggest critic so making sure my tone was correct, the placement of my contour and highlight was proper so they did what they are supposed to do, and then to get the lashes on without messing up the shadow... on any other client its much easier then it was on myself. Thank goodness my hair was already done and I was happy with it before I began my makeup procedures!
Then to place myself in front of the camera (I'm usually behind it), that was an experience for me and I can honestly say that is a feeling anyone has to get comfortable with, WORKING THE CAMERA! I'm pretty happy being behind it, but I am even happier that I had this wonderful experience and VERY HAPPY with the results in what I produced on myself for Kellee to produce for me. Thank you Kellee for your support and talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment