Sharing the Joy....

Many people ask me if I like being a makeup/hair artist. Normally I answer back with a quick "yes", but truthfully that doesn't really cover the half of it. I don't "like" my job, I LOVE IT! Why?...well if you were in my shoes you would know exactly what I meant.
Even though I'm a makeup/hair artist, I wear a variety of other hats in my life as a mother, daughter, sister, wife, artist, teacher, beauty expert and a business woman. All of these elements add a lot of flavor to the mix, so I just thought to myself "you've logged a lot of hours on this interesting journey of yours, so you might as well share the ride". So I am! That will be the only way for you to understand what I love about my profession and why I love living in the moment....

1/17/2011

MY TIME AT MISS AMERICA 2011...

My time and experience at Miss America 2011 in Las Vegas was something I will never forget. I did not know exactly what to expect going into this opportunity, and what I got out of it was far more than one could hope for. I had met Krystal back in July 2010 at a national pageant in New Hampshire. We had spoke briefly over my clients who had won most in their categories. I never guessed from that encounter it would be taking me to Miss America 2011 as her personal hair and makeup artist. When it was time to work I went giving 110% of my dedication and artistry, I was in Vegas and was not allowing the odds to be against me. As I entered the Makeup/ Hair room I instantly walked into NETWORK OPPORTUNITY! At first, I kinda thought 'what I was experiencing' was as close to reality TV as I could imagine. After a long week of sharing that room with sooo many talented and amazing artist, I returned home with having more gratitude fill my heart and feeling so blessed to have met so many wonderful mentors who I now call dear friends. Miss America 2011 has led me on a pathway of unbelievable opportunity and I just cannot wait to see where this yellow brick road takes me. It truly was 9 days of beauty, luck and dreams...





























































































































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment